Bicycle Maintenance Classes
Sat 12 Aug 2017, 10:30-15:30
Where: Cycle Confident Training Centre, SW9 6DE
Details: Unit 3B, behind Canterbury Court, Kennington Park Business Centre 1-3 Brixton Road London SW9 6DE
Booking restriction: Live, work or study in Lambeth
Price: £18.00 per head
Please pay for this course immediately. Your place will only be held for 3 days post booking if payment is not made.
The below map shows the exact location of the training centre, Unit 3B which is the red pin on the map. You can also click on the image to show the pin on Google Map.
This is a Basic Bike Maintenace Class, suitable for anyone wanting to learn how to keep a bike in good working order. Learn how to fix a puncture, adjust brakes, index gears and lubricate your chain correctly.
Basic Bike Maintenance Class Syllabus
Morning: Session 1 - 10:30am to 12:45am
- M check - Outlining the parts of the bike
- Wheels: - Removal and replacement
- Tyres - Removal and replacement
- Puncture repair - Wheel off Puncture repair - Wheel on
- Gear Adjustment - Indexing
Lunch: 12:45am to 13:15pm
Afternoon: Session 2 - 13:15pm to 15:30pm
- Gears Adjustment - refresh
- Brakes - Pad replacement / Adjustment
- Cable and Chain lubrication
- ‘Knowing your bike’ - Correct tools and simple checks required to keep your bike road worthy.
- Feedback sheets
NB. This is a hands on course so please bring your own bike to work on and wear suitable clothing. Expect to get your hands dirty!