This Advanced course is for previous participants of our Basic Bike Maintenance course.
The course is mainly directed to bikes with rim brakes and dérailleur gears, but let us know if you have disc brakes in advance.
Full day 10.00 to 16.30
1) Safety Check: Assessing overall condition of the bike (45 min)
2) Wheels: Truing slightly buckled wheels. Including how to fit a new spoke (1.5 hours)
3) Brakes: Cable removal and refitting. Fine tuning. (1 hour)
4) Gears: Gear system inspection & wear identification, demonstration of cassette and freewheel removal and replacement. (1 hour)
5) Discussion on chain replacement and chain wear, including fitting new chain to the correct length. (30 minutes)
4) Gears: Cable Removal and refitting for rear mechanisms. (1 hour)
5) Demonstrate bottom bracket removal and replacement Hollow tech and square taper (30 minutes)
The below map shows the exact location of the training centre, Unit 3B which is the red pin on the map. You can also click on the image to show the pin on Google Map.
Cycle Confident Training Centre
Unit 3B, behind Canterbury Court, Kennington Park Business Centre 1-3 Brixton Road London SW9 6DE
Dates & Times
Sat 17 Sep 2022, 10:00-16:30
£ 18.00 per trainee