To celebrate National Interfaith Week, Westminster Faith Exchange has joined forces with Westminster City Council's Road Safety Team and Cycle Confident to create two leisurely three mile cycle rides around some of Westminster's many fascinating places of worship. We could have chosen many others, so if you have some favourites, let us know and we'll try and include them in more rides next year.
The rides will be professionally marshalled and family-friendly. They will use quiet roads and some of the segregated cycle tracks recently installed in Westminster. A little background information will be given at each of the places of worship. Riders can join at any one of the places of worship and there will be a return ride for those wishing to be accompanied to their starting point.
Santander Cycle Hire Docking Stations are located near the start and end of each ride.
You are asked to dress modestly for these rides, please.
Gather at Hagia Sophia, Moscow Rd, W2 4LQ from 1.45pm for a prompt 2pm departure from
• Cathedral of the Divine Wisdom (Hagia Sophia), Moscow Rd, Bayswater, W2 4LQ (Greek Orthodox)
• Tyburn Convent, Bayswater Road (Roman Catholic)
• West London Synagogue, Seymour Place (Reform)
• The Swedish Church in London, Marylebone
• Church of Our Lady, St John's Wood (Roman Catholic)
• Liberal Jewish Synagogue, St John's Wood
• Central London Mosque, Regent's Park (Sunni)
Gather from 1.45pm for a prompt 2pm departure from Cathedral of the Divine Wisdom (Hagia Sophia), Moscow Rd, Bayswater, W2 4LQ (Greek Orthodox)
Sun 18 Nov 2018, 13:30-17:30