To celebrate National Interfaith Week, Westminster Faith Exchange has joined forces with Westminster City Council's Road Safety Team and Cycle Confident to create two leisurely three mile cycle rides around some of Westminster's many fascinating places of worship. We could have chosen many others, so if you have some favourites, let us know and we'll try and include them in more rides next year.
The rides will be professionally marshalled and family-friendly. They will use quiet roads and some of the segregated cycle tracks recently installed in Westminster. A little background information will be given at each of the places of worship. Riders can join at any one of the places of worship and there will be a return ride for those wishing to be accompanied to their starting point.
Santander Cycle Hire Docking Stations are located near the start and end of each ride.
Soft drinks and vegetarian snacks will be provided on the ride. You are asked to dress modestly for these rides, please.
Gather at 58 Eccleston Sq., SW1V 1PH from 1.45pm for a prompt 2pm departure
• The Buddhist Society, Eccleston Square, Pimlico
• Westminster Cathedral (Roman Catholic)
• Westminster Abbey (Church of England)
• Westminster Central Hall (Methodist Church
• St Martin-in-the-Fields, Trafalgar Square (Church of England)
• Westminster Quaker Meeting House, St Martin's Lane
• Church of Notre Dame de France, Leicester Square (Roman Catholic)
The Buddhist Society
from 1.45pm for a prompt 2pm departure
Sat 18 Nov 2017, 13:30-17:30
Open to anyone