The London Borough of Havering embraces cycling within the borough - for both business or leisure - and is committed to providing and maintaining a range of related services for its residents. Anybody who lives, works or studies in the borough is encouraged to sign up for cycle training services with Cycle Confident.
Havering Bikewise Hubs
Havering BikeWise Hubs is a programme of free bicycle training and maintenance activities at 4 locations in the borough: my place, Rainham Village Primary School, Ingrebourne Valley & The Thames Chase Forest Trust.
Activities on offer include individual and group cycle training, bike maintenance classes, Dr Bikes and group led rides. We welcome children, families, over 50s, all ages and all abilities from complete beginners to confident cyclists.
For more information, click here.
Cycle Training Year Round
All Cycle Confident cycle training follows the national standards which include Level 1 (practising skills in an off-road environment to develop control), Level 2 (on minor, quiet roads) and Level 3 (complex road situations).
Below are some of the services on offer:
- FREE 1 to 1 Cycle Skills sessions. Whether you're a first time rider or a regular cyclist looking to improve your skills, your instructor will tailor the session to suit your individual abilities and goals. Choose from: Basic Cycle Skills Book now or read more... Urban Cycle Skills Book now or read more... Advanced Cycle Skills Book now or read more...
- FREE Family Cycle Skills. Gain confidence and learn skills to cycle as a family. Your instructor will tailor the session to your requirements. Book now or read more...
- FREE Schools Cycle Training. For schools who wish to book a course or for more information, select from one of the following levels: Level 1 & 2 or Level 3. Cycle Awareness Training and Ditch the Stabilisers sessions are also available for schools. Contact us for more information about the range of schools cycle training.
- FREE or SUBSIDISED Dr Bike Sessions where an experienced mechanic will check your bike is in good order. They’ll make minor adjustments there and then and advise you on any more complex fixes you may need. Please see the Havering Cycling Events page for upcoming drop-in sessions, or if you’d like to arrange a session for your organisation please contact us
- SAFE URBAN DRIVING courses for all professional, LGV and PCV drivers. More information is available on our Driver CPC webpage
Cycle Confident works in partnership with the London Borough of Havering providing all its cycle training initiatives. For any queries relating to the training on offer please contact us.