The London borough of Lewisham is committed to making cycling a safe, enjoyable and practical method of transport in the borough. Anyone who lives, works or studies in the borough is entitled to our services; age limits apply so please read the below carefully.
All our cycle training follows the national standards which include Level 1 (practising skills in an off-road environment to develop control), Level 2 (on minor, quiet roads) and Level 3 (complex road situations).
Cycle Confident is working in partnership with Lewisham to provide the following:
- FREE 1 to 1 Cycle Skills sessions for adults (aged 18 or over). Whether you're a first time rider or a regular cyclist looking to improve your skills, your instructor will tailor the session to suit your individual abilities and goals. Choose from: Basic Cycle Skills Book now or read more... Urban Cycle Skills Book now or read more... Advanced Cycle Skills Book now or read more...
- FREE Children's Holiday Group Cycle Training (aged 7 to 13) – Learn to ride, Bikeability Level 1 and Levels 1&2. See our Upcoming Events or read more...
- FREE Schools Cycle Training. For schools who wish to book a course or for more information, select from one of the following levels: Level 1 or Level 1 & 2
For any queries relating to the above training please contact us.
For more information about cycling in Lewisham or other cycling-related enquiries, the following contact information may be useful:
- Cycling page on the Lewisham website
- Free 1 to 1 cycle training for teenagers aged 13 to 17 see the Lewisham Free Cycle Lessons page
- Lewisham Cycle Enquiries: 020 8314 2216
- Road Safety and Sustainable Transport: 020 8314 2254
Free copies of cycle maps detailing routes in Lewisham are available from the TFL website.