The London Borough of Redbridge is committed to making the borough a more cycle-friendly place. Cycling is an easy and fun way to get around the borough and a great way to improve your health at the same time.
To encourage cycling the London Borough of Redbridge delivers and supports a wide range of FREE activities and initiatives for those who live, work or study in Redbridge.
All our cycle training follows the national standards which include Level 1 (practising skills in an off-road environment to develop control), Level 2 (on minor, quiet roads) and Level 3 (complex road situations).
We currently offer the following services:
- 1 to 1 Cycle Skills sessions. If you're a regular cyclist looking to improve your skills, book some tailored 1-to-1 training. Choose from: Urban Cycle Skills Book now or read more... and Advanced Cycle Skills Book now or read more...
- Family Cycle Skills. Gain confidence and learn skills to cycle as a family. Book now or read more...
- Adult Group Cycle Training - Have fun learning as part of a group. We offer courses for Beginners, Level 1 (off-road, developing control) and Level 2 (on quiet roads). See our Upcoming Events or read more...
- Child Group Cycle Training - Learn to ride, Bikeability Level 1 and Level 2. See our Upcoming Events or read more... If you'd like to set up a course for your youth club or holiday club, please contact us.
- Bikeability Level 1, Level 1 & 2 or Level 3 School Training. Available to all schools in the borough.
- Bike the School Run - a package of cycle training for pupils and/or parents to help you to start cycling to school. Book now or read more...
- Group bike rides - please see Led Rides for details of upcoming sessions at Ray Park (Woodford), Valentine's Park (Ilford) or Fairlop Waters.
For Dr Bike Sessions where an experienced mechanic will check your bike is in good order. Please see Redbridge Council's bike servicing page for details on upcoming sessions. They’ll make minor adjustments there and then and advise you on any more complex fixes you may need.
- Please see the borough cycling page for more details on the ‘Recycles’ social enterprise (reconditioned bikes, bike repairs, courses).
To find out more about cycling in Redbridge please visit the borough website: www.redbridge.gov.uk/cycling.